Tax for Students

Q: What shall I bring when I come to do my tax return?

Image result for students
A: Unually we need the following evidence for your tax return,

  • Your tax identification such as your SIN (social security number) or ITN (individual taxation number, a 9-digits number starting from “0”). If you do not have SIN or ITN and it is your first time to do tax return, do not worry, please bring your passport and study permit and go to Service Canada to get your SIN on spot.
  • Your T2202 form–Tuition, Education and Textbook amount Certificate. Usually you can download T2202 from your education institution’s website by end of February.
  • Your T4A slip if you have scholarships, fellowships or bursaries.
  • All Rental addresses, rental amount paid and name of your landlord or your property tax bill in the tax year
  • Your T5 slip or T3 slip if you have bank interest income or investment income
  • Your T4 slip if you earn employment income
  • Donation receipt if you make donation
  • Your previous year Notice of Assessment, if any